Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Will I ever finish it ? - Baby Amy Butler Coin Quilt


This quilt top as been hanging up unfinished and un-ironed for a couple of weeks. I am not following any written pattern but there are plenty of coin quilts on Flickr like this. It does not take too many quilt math skills to design your own "coin quilt". But my math with this one had this quilt coming out too large IMO for a baby quilt. This is why I have not proceeded to sew the last row of "coins" on to it.

Sometimes it really helps to walk away, take a digital pix of it and then sit back and look at it on your computer monitor. As soon as I did this... I found my answer on how I will resolve the issues I feel I am having with this quilt. (I am not the quickest light bulb in the house to light up sometimes and maybe it is because I have not been feeling too well lately.)

I am going to remove the left white sash from the quilt top and then I will use the current unattached coin row on the back side of the quilt. Then comes my most dreadful part... quilting it. I am just going to quilt it in straight lines with my walking foot. I have to keep in mind that this is a baby quilt that will be used and does not need to be quilted heavily.

I really need to get it done as the baby it is for is due in early December. (It is for my oldest step-daughter's latest baby which is expect to be a boy).

I still have not started my second oldest step-daughter's latest baby quilt that is due to be born on 10-10-10 (how cool is that?). I probably will not start on it until after the baby is born as they like to not knowing the sex the baby before it is born.

On top of all it all I have a few quilts I really need to sit down and make the binding for and then attach it before I start any more new projects.

No comments: