Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Early Hallooooweeeenie

The reason I missed the first STLMQG meeting. I have a deep abscessed fang (aka/canine or upper right cuspid) tooth that came on quickly. I went to the ER Sunday morning at 4:30 am because I woke up with a pumpkin face. Before the ER doc examined me he asked me what was wrong, I said "I have an infection in my face". Then he says to me, "tell me what really happened" !
I laughed and told him again "really... I have an infection in my face". I guess he thought someone had slugged me in the face.

I am on a pain killer (Tramadol) and Augmentin (antibiotic) until my face goes down. Then off to the dentist I go, probably for a damn root canal or removal of the tooth.
I had problems with this tooth 5 years ago after I had a bad sinus infection. The end root of the tooth lays right at the corner of my right nostril which is right next to the sinus.

I was going to post a picture of my pumpkin face (the whole right side of my face is swollen and my right eye is almost swollen shut) but I decided not to do it as it might frighten all the little ones.




1 comment:

Splendorfalls said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry; that does not sound fun!! I hope you recover quickly!

I wish I could name everyone in the picture Brige but I'm afraid I'd get some wrong!! =)