Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

(Love Me Some) Big Ol' Pork Butt

I love dry rubbed pork butt. This one is about 4.5 lbs. I just got done dry rubbing it with seasonings and some brown sugar.

I will tightly wrap it in the foil and put on a platter and into the fridge it goes for at least 12 hours. I may cook after 12 hours or I might let it sit for 24 to 36 hours in the fridge.

I will cook it in my handy dandy 22qt electric turkey roaster. (The one kitchen tool that has changed my life because it has been fool proof for me!) I love to cook in the thing (to hell with a crock-pot and a big oven, nothing cooks like a electric roaster). Every kitchen should have one and it should not be only used for (or by) Turkeys. Even my husband has fallen in love with it. Over time you will see posts about what I cook in my electric roaster or on my gas grill.

I will take a picture of it after I have cooked it. It may be later today or within the next 24 to 36 hours.

No comments: