Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Update on Charm Squares Baby Quilt (Hand Dyed Fabs)

LOL... I had wrote that this was a future project... as in one that I had planned NOT to start sewing on for quite some time. Here it is some 24+ hours later and I have half the top already sewn together. (Actually this quilt is so simple that it only took me about 1 hour to sew the 5 rows together that you see in the picture below)

The reason I decided to sew the hand dyed fabrics together is because I wanted a better feel for how they were going to look with a solid Kona cotton sash. It looks like I am going to go with the Kona - Amber. This quilt just reminds me of fall (or striped wool socks). The hand dyed fabrics are much more attractive when seen in person. They appear to look like rich colored brushed dyed leather suede squares when seen in person. (note: I have not ironed the seams yet and how do you like my Silly Putty colored walls! I really need to paint !)



I also wanted to note that I am not following the pattern exactly. I am using 6" squares instead of 5" and the sash strips will be cut 6" x 40" (top & bottom sash) and 3" x 40" (in between block row sash's). The increased sizes will result in a 40" x 48" (approx) modern baby/toddler quilt. (I think the original from the pattern is 33" x 37").

Another Update... 7:30am

I pressed all the seams and cut all the Kona Amber and pinned it to my design board.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

The Amber looks really nice. It all has a nice warm feel!

Splendorfalls said...

I need a leaf pile to jump in; this is such a great Autumn quilt!