Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Feeling Much Better ! (warning slightly gross post)

Wow !

It has not been a fun week. I have been waiting for the swelling to go down in my face and for the so called deep tooth abscess to show up somewhere on my upper right gum. This had to happen before a dentist would attempt to drain the abscess.

Well the majority of the swelling went down in the last 2 days and the abscess appeared overnight on my upper right gum and at the bottom of my sinus. All along I have not thought that this was truly a tooth abscess because I was not having any tooth problems to speak of before, during or after. I thought that I was having one of my typical sinus infections that I get once a year between August and October. I had thought the sinus problems I had been having before this had cleared up a few days before my face started swelling up last Friday afternoon.

Anyhow to make this short and sweet (and not too gross)
The abscess that appeared overnight last night actually opened up and fully drained tonight around 9pm. As soon as it started I knew what was happening and ran for the bathroom. I am so glad that it did not happen later when I was asleep.

It was really gross and the amount of fluid that drained out was shocking. I know there is no way that it was from a tooth. This was a sinus abscess that was just above the teeth roots. I am so glad that I went to the ER early Sunday morning instead of waiting until Monday before I could see my Dr. in her office. (ER doc thought it most likely was a tooth abscess but there was no serious pain in my teeth or signs of the abscess on my gum line. The worse pain I was having was on my lower sinus but the swelling was everywhere on right side of my face, he was kinda stumped by it)

The ER doc got me started on the right antibiotics and pain killers. I even went into Walmart to get the prescriptions filled on Sunday after a short nap at home before the pharmacy opened up at 10am. I had my huge pumpkin head swelling thing happening and it was even bigger than what it had been while I was in the ER that morning. I wore a pair of sunglasses as I did not want anyone to see my right eye as it was nearly swollen shut by that time. I didn't care if they saw my large cheek sticking out. (you have to remember I live in a small town and everyone knows everyone)

I took a picture of my pumpkin head face and sent it to my sister in SC. She called me and said it didn't even look like me because I was so swollen. (We had a few laughs about it. We tend to find humor in everything)

So I am feeling sooooo much better and there is no pain at all in my teeth, but there is still some pain in my right sinus but even that pain is not as bad as it was.

One thing that I hope goes away are the deep wrinkles that showed up under my right eye after all the swelling went down. It looks really odd because it looks so much different than my left eye. (wrinkles are fine as long as they match on both sides of my face!)

Yes it is late. I have slept so much since last Friday due to me feeling like crap from my pumpkin head that I am tired of sleeping. I had to stop taking the pain killers because they were making feel like I had been riding a roller coaster backwards. (like motion sickness)

No comments: