Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lovely Weather - HOP Catalog - Earthquake

Here it is alittle after 6:30 am. The weather is so nice that I decided to open up the windows in the house today. I want to air out the house and let the cats have some fresh air while they lay on the window ledges. Now with my luck the farmer who has a corn field across the road from me will decide to harvest that field today while I have my windows open. (it kicks up the dust)

Harvest season has been happening early this year. Almost all the corn is ready for harvest about 1 month earlier than normal this year. Last night when I took the dogs out for a potty break at about 10:30 pm I could hear a local farmer out harvesting his corn field in the dark.

The lastest HOP (Hancock's of Paducah) Catalog arrived in the mail. There are some awesome modern and geometric batiks in it this time around. I have not made it through the whole catalog yet but there is way too much "civil war" style printed fabrics in it so far.

I see that New Zealand had a 7.1 (or 7.4) earthquake. (Prayers for NZ)
A 7.1 is a pretty major earthquake and I hope and pray we never see one here like this in Southwestern IL. We have two zones to worry about here. The New Madrid and The Wabash, the The Wabash worries me much more than the New Madrid does. If the The Wabash kicks out a 2.5 or higher quake I can feel it. But if the New Madrid kicks out a 2.5 I don't ever feel it.

There is not much to report on in the quilt making front. I am working on a coin quilt made with AB  (Amy Butler) fabrics and plain white cotton (P&B Muslin). I am not liking it how it is piecing together. I also got my YLI Wash-A-Way thread (for basting) and Clover Hera Marker from createforless. These will be used it prepping the quilt tops for machine quilting.

I have finally decided to just start posting to my blog even if the posts are not about quilting every time. It will take me a while to get into posting on my blog. I know the blogs I like to read daily are mainly written by quilter's. I love reading about even the small things that are going on their lives even if they may seem boring to most readers.

My country view from the window that is at my computer desk (ignore the window screen and our dead grass/weedy driveway - we need a load of gravel hauled in). This is facing directly North.

No comments: