Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I need some opinions on this future quilt project

I want to create Oh Fransson's (Elizabeth's) Charm Squares Baby Quilt using hand dyed fabric squares and a solid Kona Cotton. I want to use a solid Kona Cotton for my sash fabric.
You can see this same quilt pattern done up with many different fabrics here on Flickr. Most of them were done with prints for the charm squares but I am determined to use these hand dyed fabric squares.

I set out the hand dyed fabric squares next to some Solid Kona Cottons.
Please tell me which option you like the best. (Be honest, please - you will not hurt my feelings)

Two of the hand dyed pinks are probably going to be pulled from the hand dyed group.

I pulled the Kona Amber because I thought it might make it look it different (unexpected/modern) but I am just not sure about the Kona Amber.

Option A - Kona Amber
















Option B - Kona Medium Grey
















Option C - Kona Stone
















Option D - Kona White (no picture)
Option E - None of the above
Option F - Try Kona _______ (you make a color suggestion)

Update... Here are the hand dyed fabrics in natural light but in light shade (they are sitting on the Kona Amber)


















Thanks for your feedback!

Also I will be making another quilt with the same pattern using these prints with Kona Stone as the sashing.


1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Hi :)
this is elizabeth from stlmqg...
i really like the amber - a real cozy feel to all those beautiful colors together.
can't wait to see what you do!