Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pork Butt Update

After letting the pork butt marinate in the fridge for 36+ hours. I finally slow roasted it today in my electric turkey roaster for over 5+ hours until it was perfect for tender fall apart (non-greasy / aka "dry") pulled pork sandwiches. (17th Street Bar & Grill style). After it was done slow roasting I wrapped it tightly in foil and put it back into the fridge. I will hand shred it tomorrow. I will also make some homemade hand cut V&O slaw to go along with it. I will take some pictures of everything tomorrow. (BBQ Sauce is optional and you just pour it on top of the pulled pork. Typically a vinegar based BBQ sauce is used.)

BTW the house smelled great while it was cooking!

Today was the last day of summer and the harvest moon is really shining in the dark sky tonight. I look forward to fall but I don't look forward to winter.

I was outside tonight after 10 pm with the dogs. I was letting them go potty before I put them to bed for the night. There was two large owls in the trees across the road from me. They were really calling to each other for quite some time. (it wasn't the typical "who", "who" kinda call)
It must be owl mating season... LOL it was pretty funny sounding.

The other night I went up into town (my mother lives up in town as we moved her down here a couple years ago from STL). A large owl was flying low and he almost flew into my truck window (my window was down) while I was driving. I saw him coming out of the corner of my eye and I actually prepared myself for a facial hit with it. The owl just made it across the top of the truck cab and spared me (and himself) from a direct hit with my face or my truck. Right before that I had came across 3 bucks and a doe crossing the road. (I am always on my guard due to me living along side the wildlife here.)

No comments: