Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Humpty Dumpty Me and 7 stairs

Well I took a good backward fall down 7 stairs last night. I tried to step over (backwards) the baby gate (dog gate) that sits at the top of our first set of stairs in my spilt level home. I had a bucket of soapy water (to clean a floor downstairs) in my hand and the last leg over the gate caught the top of the gate and backwards I went. I hit my left hip and lower back hard on the stairs and my head hit the wood floor landing pretty hard. So hard that my lower jaw went sideways and I had some major pain in my left ear.

The noise woke my husband up and he was in complete horror as he ran out of the bedroom to find me on the stair landing moaning, soaking wet and not able to quite move yet.

Thank God I did not break anything. But I have some major black bruises (can you say Kona "Raisin" black purple) on the left side of my body in my hip and buttock area. I am sore as can be and I cannot put my full weight on my left hip just yet. I will probably be laid up for about a week.

So once again I cannot make the Saturday STLMQG meeting again!

I sure know this fall is not doing anything for my already bad lower back. (Dr. believes I have spinal stenosis and wants me to do a full spinal MRI to confirm this but an MRI will only confirm it and there is no cure for it.)

My husband is still cussing about the damn baby gate but the reason we have one is because the 10 pound cat poop loving dog we have. It keeps her from sneeking down the stairs to get a belly full of tasty kitty produced treats.

As soon as I feel better I am going out and buying a baby swing gate.

Back to bed I go...

1 comment:

Nancy said...

ouch!! I hope you feel better soon..I was looking forward to meeting you..

See you in December..

And just WHY do dogs like cat poop? We never had cats before a couple of months ago and we have outdoor kitties and Oliver just loves "searching" the deck for goodies...It's just gross..