Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Getting a Walking Foot to work with a Singer 301 Sewing Machine

Click on pictures so you can read the notes on them.

Step 1

Step 2



Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

















The reason I posted this is because many people have a hard time getting their slant needle walking foot to work correctly with their Singer 301 Sewing Machine. The problem is the thread cutter is in the way and it has to be removed when using a  slant needle walking foot on the Singer 301.


Note: The Singer 301 (aka 301a) is an excellent machine for Free Motion Quilting!
But I suggest you buy a more modern foot control to use with your 301 when you do free motion quilting with it. Just buy a new foot control and a new 301 cord from any online Vintage Singer Machine Part Suppliers. Here (pic below) is the foot control I use with my 301. I had a 1960 or 1970's junk Singer Machine that I pulled from a curbside clean up day. I salvaged the foot control from it and I just bought a new 301 Foot Control cord for it and wired it up. (The cord was like $7.00) (I hate the old one toe Singer Foot Controls).

No comments: